I used Coke bottles because I found the shape interesting, and because of my husband’s love of Coke and my procrastination I had 12 in my recycle bin.
1. remove labels, wash, rinse, and dry the bottles.
2. Cut the bottle above the narrow part on the bottom, and below the wide part at the top.
3. Fill the base with dirt and plant herb seeds according to package directions.
4. Mist with water until soil is damp, but not soaked.
5. Place top over base
6. Leave in a sunny location.
7. If you want to be fancy you could write the planting date and type of plant on the top, I just left them as a surprise.